Clan VZP
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Clan VZP

Forum of a Warcraft 3 VZP Clan.

You are not connected. Please login or register

To Fanny.Shaver and the other devs behind V0 VZP

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Shura_BR

I have been playing your map for quite some time now with some friends of mine at Garena, but we (in our opinion) agree that the map seems unbalanced. In fact, I appreciate all the refreshing changes that were made to the balance and stuff, but Unstoppable Hunger seems a bit too op to us (32000 heal at lvl 41 in some circumstances, in a single heal), not to mention the random function doesn't seem THAT random to us.

We have been trying to come up with ideas of how to make it more balanced, and we would like to see them put in practice, like counting how many hits the vampire takes and healing him on 100 hits (thus making the chance to heal exactly 1%) or a cooldown buff.

Is anyone still working on the map? Is it ok to you if I edit the map to re-balance and play it with my friends?

Thanks,
Shura_BR@Garena

Fanny.Shaver

Fanny.Shaver
Admin

Well, Vampirism Zero VZP is no longer under development. Forum is being constantly used on a closed basis for it's brother project, Breath of the Dying. Breath of the Dying is pretty much based on Vampirism Zero VZP, however there are many major differences between these two. BotD itself is being remade by a large game development company as a standalone game. If you have any querries regarding v0 VZP please do not hesitate to post it overhere, however, I cannot give you a guarantee that this will ever be implemented.

Regarding Passive Vampire healing, which is also available in BotD, best tactic of all is not to mass towers, absolutely oppisite, build Zero Damage towers. They literally tear Vampires with Unstoppable Hunger down. Trigger in this spell is checking a random number out of 1000 on each successful attack made on Vampire with damage dealt greater than 2, if random integer is equal or less than 10, the heal triggers.

https://clanvzp.forumotion.com

Shura_BR

Indeed, Zero Towers rock him, but the problem is what to do until you have them. 6 arrow towers is enough to keep him healed (he gets healed quite often even with few towers), and less will hardly deal enough damage.

I think the problem is not the jass of the spell itself, but the function that picks a "random" integer. Random stuff in computers is usually a sort of emulated random, which could be uneffective, but I'm not sure if this is the case.

Regardless, I will try to change how the skill works, perhaps make it count 100 hits to the vampire before it heals, thus making it really heal once every 100 hits, or a cooldown buff.

I won't be mass releasing this map or anything, just play it randomly on garena, and I won't remove credits or anything.

Best of luck with BotD, which I was unaware of, and thanks.

Fanny.Shaver

Fanny.Shaver
Admin

Try making just 2-3 maxed towers and some orbs to make him suffer from armor loss. It works just great. However, thing you must remember, VZP and BotD are not only about bases, anyone picking Unstoppable Hunger must be aware of how nukable he is. Just a few nukes mixed with banish or disables in arena make it gg. Most people never build a base until they have sufficient amount of resources. In BotD there is a Gargoyle with a lifesteal from buildings which is just as dangerous for towers as Unstoppable Hunger. Tactic is usually just about the same.

https://clanvzp.forumotion.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum

•  

Free forum | ©phpBB | Free forum support | Report an abuse | Forumotion.com